UPSC 138 Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist & Junior Hydro Geologists Admit Card/ Online Recruitment 2017: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologists Exam 2017 notification for filling up vacant posts of Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist and Junior Hydro Geologists in Geological Survey of India & Central Ground Water Board. Eligible candidates can apply online from 08.02.2017 to 03.03.2017. More details like age limit, qualification, selection process, exam fee & how to apply are given below.........
Total No.of Posts: 138
Name of the Post:
1. Geologist: 40 Posts
2. Geophysicist: 40 Posts
3. Chemist: 25 Posts
4. Junior Hydro Geologists: 33 Posts
Qualification (Passed/ Appearing):
- For Geologist: Master Degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geo Sciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology.
- For Geophysicist: M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics).
- For Chemist: M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry.
- For Junior Hydro Geologists: Master's Degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology.
- For Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist: Born not earlier than 02.01.1985 and not later than 01.01.1996 (both dates inclusive).
- For Junior Hydro Geologists: Born not earlier than 02.01.1982 and not later than 01.01.1996 (both dates inclusive).
Fees: Rs.200 (except SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female) either by Challan or Online Mode.
Selection Process: Selection will be made on basis of Written Exam & Interview.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates can apply online from 08.02.2017 to 03.03.2017 using link given below. The applicant need not to send any documents such as print out of online application.
Start Date to Apply: 08.02.2017
Last Date to Apply: 03.03.2017
Date of Examination: 12.05.2017