UPSC Engineering Services Exam 2016 - Apply Online for Engineers Posts: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced a notification for Engineering Services Exam 2016 for recruitment of Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics & Telecommunication) for 608 Vacancies. Eligible candidates may apply online from 27.02.2016 to 31.03.2016. More details like age limit, qualification, selection process, exam fee & how to apply are given below.....…
Total No.of Posts: 608
Name of the Trade:
1. Civil: 204 Posts
2. Mechanical: 177 Posts
3. Electrical: 123 Posts
4. Electronics & Telecommunication: 104 Posts
Qualification: For admission to the examination, a candidate must have --
- (a) obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
- (b) passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
- (c) obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/ College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
- (d) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
- (e) passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
- (f) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959. Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:- M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.
Age Limit: Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.01.1986 and not later than 01.01.1995. Age relaxation is applicable 5 years for SC/ ST, 3 years for OBC candidates & for others as per rules.
Fees: Candidates (excepting Female/ SC/ ST/ Physical Handicap) are required to pay a examination fee of Rs.200/- either by Challan or Online Mode only.
Selection Process: Selection will be made on basis of Written Test & Interview.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates may apply online using below given official link from 27.02.2016 to 31.03.2016. No printout is required to be sent to UPSC.
Start Date to Apply Online: 27.02.2016
Last Date to Apply Online: 31.03.2016
Examination Date: 27.05.2016