UPSC Combined Geo Scientist and Geologists Exam 2016 - Apply Online for 208 Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist & Junior Hydro Geologists Posts: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced a notification for Combined Geo Scientist and geologists Exam 2016 for 208 Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist & Junior Hydro Geologists vacancies in Geological Survey of India & Central Ground Water Board. Eligible candidates may apply online from 06.02.2016 to 04.03.2016. More details like age limit, qualification, selection process, exam fee & how to apply are given below.....…
Total No.of Posts: 208
Name of the Post:
1. Geologist: 121 Posts
2. Geophysicist: 56 Posts
3. Chemist: 29 Posts
4. Junior Hydro Geologists: 02 Posts
Qualification (Passed/ Appearing):
- For Geologist: Master Degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geo Sciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology.
- For Geophysicist: M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics).
- For Chemist: M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry.
- For Junior Hydro Geologists: Master's Degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology.
- For Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist: Candidates born not earlier than 02.01.1984 and not later than 01.01.1995 only are eligible.
- For Junior Hydro Geologists: Candidates born not earlier than 02.01.1981 and not later than 01.01.1995 only are eligible.
Selection Process: Selection will be made on basis of Written Test & Interview.
Fees: Candidates (excepting Female/ SC/ ST/ Physical Handicap) are required to pay a examination fee of Rs.200/- either by Challan or Online Mode only.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates may apply online using below given official link from 06.02.2016 to 04.03.2016. No printout is required to be sent to UPSC/ Geological Survey of India/ Central Ground Water Board.
Start Date to Apply Online: 06.02.2016
Last Date to Apply Online: 04.03.2016
Date of Examination: 13.05.2016