NYPD Online Recruitment Portal - Exam Centre, Hiring Process, Benefits & Salary, Interactive Tour, Civilian Opportunities: The New York City Police Department (NYPD) has released its online recruitment portal for filling up vacant posts of Police Officers & School Safety Agents, Traffic Enforcement Agents, 911 Operators, School Crossing Guards, Radio Repair Mechanics as Civilians in Police Department. Eligible candidates can apply online. Other details like educational qualification, age limit, selection process & how to apply are given below........
About NYPD: The New York City Police Department is a recognized leader in law enforcement and the reason New York is now one of the country’s safest cities. As our mission of protecting and serving grows more complex, so does our need to add the most talented and dedicated people to our ranks. The police profession offers unlimited opportunities to those with courage, compassion, and respect. Every day, you’ll confront real world issues and develop problem-solving skills that will serve you anywhere you go. From uniform patrol, the backbone of our department, to specialized units that focus on specific issues, the NYPD will give you the kind of experience and training that is unavailable anywhere else. Because NYPD is the county’s largest police department, the chances to advance and grow are limited only by your determination.
Qualification: Candidates need to be United States citizens, have a valid New York driver’s license and live in one of the city’s five boroughs or Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, Westchester, Putnam or Orange counties all on or before the day of hire.
Age Limit: Candidate age should be between 17.5 to 35 years.
Fees: $75 for Fingerprinting.
Hiring Process: The hiring process involves the following:
- Candidate Assessment Division: Investigators will conduct a background on each candidate to determine the most qualified.
- All qualified candidates will be scheduled at the Candidate Assessment Center located at 235 East 20th Street, New York City, NY to take the following exams to complete the hiring process.
- Pre-Hire Interview: This includes a medical exam and an update on the character investigation.
- Medical Exam: At this stage, candidates need to document their 60 college credits and a minimum 2.0 GPA, or their two years of military service. The initial character assessment and fingerprinting also take place.
- Written Psychological Exam: Candidates must pass this test.
- Job Standards Test: Candidates must finish this continuous physical test in 4 minutes and 28 seconds to pass. The “JST” includes sprinting 50 yards and surmounting a barrier; climbing stairs; demonstrating the ability to physically restrain someone; running in pursuit; dragging a 175-pound mannequin 35 feet to simulate a rescue; and pulling the trigger of an unloaded firearm.
- Oral Psychological Test: Oral interview.
- Character Investigation: Candidates meet with an investigator to go over their application booklet. Supporting documents also may be required at this time.
How to Apply: Eligible and Interested candidates can apply online using below given official link.
Exam Schedule: As of now, all Police Officer Exams have been canceled until further notice.