Indian Coast Guard (ICG) Assistant Commandant Exam Syllabus/ Selection Process/ Procedure/ Scheme of Selection: Indian Coast Guard publish advertisement twice a year for recruitment of Assistant Commandant in General Duty, General Duty (Pilot), Technical (Electrical/ Electronics), Technical (Mechanical/ Aeronautical), Law & Pilots (CPL) branches. Eligible candidates who have applied for these post and now preparing to appear in exam can prepare themselves as per below given selection criteria.........
Scheme of Selection: Selection will be through Preliminary Selection Board (PSB) and Final Selection Board (FSB). Examinations will be held in two phases as described in following paragraphs.
1. Short listing of Applications: Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher %are received.
2. Preliminary Selection: Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The aptitude test will be in English only and will be objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so. Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage. Candidates are required to appear at the centre with the following documents:-
- (i) Two copies of computer generated pre-filled online application form with recent colour passport size photo affixed. (not older than 03 months).
- (ii) Original pass certificate and marks sheet of 10th class.
- (iii) Original pass certificate and marks sheet of 12th class/ equivalent.
- (iv) Original Degree Certificate with all semester/ years mark sheets of BE/B.Tech/ Graduation with CPA/ CGPA conversion for percentage marks from university.
- (v) Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, aadhaar card, voter ID card, college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- (vi) Character certificate (should not older than six months on the date called for PSB).
- (vii) Caste Certificate (if applicable) in original as per Govt. of India format for OBC and State for SC/ ST candidates.
- (viii) Current and Valid Commercial Pilot License (issued & validated by DGCA) in original and flying log book for Asst Commandant CPL entry only.
3. Final Selection: The candidates qualifying above Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB). The Final Selection Board will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test). All documents/ certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB.
4. Medical: All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo Medical examination at nearest Military Hospital. Candidates for GD (Pilot) and CPL will undergo medical at AFCME, Delhi/ IAM, Bengaluru.
5. PABT & CPSS: GD (Pilot) candidates on qualifying FSB will be required to appear for PABT and CPSS at Dehradun/ Mysore AFSBs. Those already qualified PABT & CPSS are to provide details of batch, Chest number and place while filling up PIQ forms during FSB.
6. Validity of Selection: The candidate's selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final merit list will have no rights for automatic selection for the next batch. Such candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
7. Merit List: Recommendation in FSB does not confirm the final selection. A merit list will be prepared for the medically fit candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB and depending on the availability of vacancies. The number of vacancies may vary from branch to branch and will be decided at a later date depending on the number of training vacancies available at the training establishments.