Indian Army 72 Religious Teacher Admit Card/ Online Recruitment 2016: Applications are invited from eligible male candidates for recruitment of Religious Teachers in Indian Army as Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) for RRT 83 & 84 courses. Religious Teachers preach religious scriptures to troops and conduct various rituals at Regimental/ Unit religious institutions. Their duties also include attending funerals, ministering to the sick in hospitals, reading prayers with the convalescents, visiting soldiers undergoing sentence, giving special religious instructions to the children and enlisted boys besides attending generally to the religious institutions and welfare of the Officers, Soldiers and their families. Eligible candidates may apply online using below given official link from 10.10.2016 to 08.11.2016. Other details like age limit, selection process, application fee & how to apply are given below..........
Total No. of Posts: 72
Name of the Post: Religious Teachers
Name of the Category:
1. Pandit: 59 Posts
2. Granthi: 06 Posts
3. Pandit (Gorkha): 02 Posts
4. Maulvi (Shia): 02 Posts
5. Bodh Monk: 03 Posts
Qualification: The minimum educational qualification for appointment to Junior Commissioned Officers (Religious Teacher) will be Graduate in any discipline. In addition to this they must also possess following qualification according to the religious denomination of the individual :-
- Pandit: Hindu candidates with Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned OR Those who have passed BA with Sanskrit / Hindi as one of the elective (Main) subjects but have not done Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi.
- Granthi: Sikh Candidates with Vidwan in Punjabi or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned OR Those who have passed BA with Punjabi as one of the elective (main) subjects but have not done Vidwan in Punjabi.
- Budhist: Budhist (Mahayama) candidates who have been ordained Monk/Budhist Priest, by the Appropriate Authority. The term Appropriate Authority will mean Head Priest of the Monastery where the person has been initiated into priesthood. The head priest should be in possession of Geshe (Ph D) of Khanpa or Lopon or Rabjam with proper certificate from Monastery.
- Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiment: Hindu (Gorkha) candidates with Madhyama in Sanskrit OR Bhushan in Hindi or equivalent standard in the Nepali Language OR Those who have passed BA with Sanskrit / Hindi as one of the elective (Main) subjects but have not done Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi.
- Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts: Muslim Shia ladakh personnel candidates with Maulvi Alim in Arabic, Adib Alim in Urdu or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned OR Those who have passed BA with Arabic/Urdu as one of the elective (Main) subject but who have not done Maulvi Alim in Arabic/ Adib Alim in Urdu.
- Civilian Candidates: Born not earlier than 01.10.1983 and not later than 30.09.1990.
- Serving Combatants on Remusteration: Born not earlier than 01.10.1983 and not later than 30.09.1992.
Fees: There will be no application fee for this recruitment.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Exam & Interview. Medical examination is only qualifying in nature.
How to Apply: Eligible and Interested candidates can apply online from 10.10.2016 to 08.11.2016. The applicant need not to send any documents such as print out of online application.
Start Date to Apply: 10.10.2016
Last Date to Apply: 08.11.2016
Date of Written Exam: 26.02.2016