Coast Guard Selection Process/ Procedure for Navik (GD): The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging career to young and dynamic Indian candidates for recruitment to the post of Navik (General Duty) from time to time. Eligible candidates who have applied for this post and now preparing for exam can prepare them as per below given detail.......
Selection Procedure: The 'Online' Applications will be sorted out Centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during the month of March. The Selection procedure is as follows:-
- (b) The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received.
- (c) The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English up to 12th standard, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude and reasoning etc.
- (d) Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary). The testing procedure will take 2-3 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
- (e) The Physical Fitness Test will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. The PFT will consist as under:-
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak).
- 10 Push up. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- (f) Candidates who qualify the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will only be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment Centres or any other place as decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
- (g) Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard. Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
- (h) The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The Zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website. It is clarified that merit list will be zone wise and not centre wise.