Indian Army Recruitment 2016 - Apply for NCC Special Entry Scheme 40th Course October 2016: Applications are invited from married/umarried MALE and unmarried FEMALE candidates and also from wards of Battle Casulaties of Army Personnel, for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army under NCC Special Entry Scheme 40th Course - October 2016. Eligible candidates may apply in prescribed format upto 20.01.2016. Other details like age limit, selection process, application fee & how to apply are given below........…
Name of Course: NCC Special Entry Scheme 40th Course - October 2016
Total No. of Posts: 54
Qualification and Other Criteria:
- Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years/semesters.
- Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two/three years. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in interview failing which their candidature will be cancelled. The candidates studying in the final year of graduation should complete their examinations related to the degree, like, written, practicals, viva-voce, projects backlogs etc prior to 01 Oct 2016. They should be able to produce the degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA, Chennai. Such candidates will be inducted for training at OTA, Chennai on additional bond basis for recovery of the cost of training as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay and allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
- Candidate should attach self attested photocopies of the certificate of 10th class for proof of age, 12th class certificate and Mark sheet, Degree with all years/semesters marks sheets and NCC ‘C’ Certificate. Candidate should also attach certificate with their applications regarding CGPA converted to aggregate percentage of marks as per university rules from their institutes.
(iii) Grading: Should have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
Age Limit: Candidate should not be born before 02.07.1991 and not after 01.07.1997 (both days inclusive).
Selection Process: The selection procedure is as follows:-
- (a) All applications are to be forwarded to the OC, Unit from where NCC ‘C’ Certificate has been obtained. The NCC Units/Group HQs will forward the applications to State Directorates who in turn will forward the same to HQ Directorate General NCC. HQ DG NCC will forward the applications to DG Recruiting.
- (b) Thorough screening/Shortlisting of applications based on qualifications of the candidates will be carried out by the NCC Directorates and HQ Directorate General NCC.
- (c) Candidates not in receipt of call letter from any of the Selection Centres for SSB interview should presume that either their applications have been received after due date or have been found ineligible or rejected during shortlisting. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Candidates after shortlisting will be detailed for SSB interview by Directorate General of Recruiting. The decision of Headquarter Directorate General NCC and Directorate General Recruiting in Army HQ, in the matter of Shortlisting and forwarding of applications to SSBs will be final.
- (d) On arrival at the Selection Centre the candidates will be administered stage-I of the two stages testing procedure. Candidates failing in stage-I will be sent back on the same day and those who qualify will be retained to undergo stage - II comprising of Group Tests, Psychological Tests and Interview which will extend for a duration of 4 days(excluding stg-I day).
- (e) Candidates recommended by SSBs will be required to go through Medical Exam. Candidates who are found medically fit will be placed in order of merit as per the marks obtained in SSB interview amongst the recommended candidates. Boarding and lodging during interviews at SSBs are free. Recommendation by SSB confers no right of admission to the OTA, Chennai. The final selection will be made as per the order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects and number of vacancies available.
- (f) The merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of Directorate General Recruiting and Directorate General Recruiting website
How to Apply:
- (a) Apply on plain paper as per the format available below.
- (b) Applications should be forwarded to the nearest OC, NCC Unit from where NCC ‘C’ certificate has been issued.
- (c) Applications of Candidates serving in the Armed Forces duly counter-signed by Commanding Officer should be sent to the OC, NCC Unit from where NCC’ ‘C’ certificate has been issued.
- (d) All NCC Units will forward the applications to DDG, NCC of the concerned State.
- (e) DDG, NCC States will process all applications and forward them to Directorate General NCC. Dte Gen NCC will check correctness of following documents prior to forwarding them to Dte Gen of Rtg (Rtg ‘A’):-
- Date of birth from class X Certificate.
- 12th class certificate and Mark sheet.
- Degree/Provisional degree is from a University recognized by AIU.
- Marks sheets of all years/semesters and ensure that candidate has minimum 50% marks in the aggregate for all three/ four years and in case of final year students 50% marks in aggregate for two/ three years.
- NCC ‘C’ Certificate with minimum ‘B’ Grading.
- (f) Directorate General of Recruiting (Rtg ‘A’), Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Army), reserves the right to shortlist applications on the basis of grade obtained by the candidates in NCC ‘C’ certificate examination/percentage of marks in degree examinations.
Start Date for Submission of Application: 19.12.2015
Last Date for Submission of Application at NCC Bn: 20.01.2016