AFMS MNS Admission Form 2016 - Apply Online for GNM & B.Sc. (Nursing) Admission in Military Nursing Services (MNS): Director General of Medical Services (Army) has announced a Admission notification for General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM) & B.Sc. (Nursing) Courses-2016 at Colleges/ Schools Of Nursing of Armed Forces Medical Services. Candidates who want to do a course from MNS can apply online from 01.12.2015 to 30.12.2015. Other details like are given below…......
Short Notice: Applications are invited from FEMALE CANDIDATES (only) for admission to 4 years B. Sc. (Nursing) course commencing in Jul/Aug 2016 at Colleges of Nursing and 3 years Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery course commencing in Sep 2016 at Schools of Nursing of Armed Forces Hospitals. Based on the merit cum choice, (subject to vacancy in each College/School) the candidates will be awarded admission in either Colleges of Nursing or Schools of Nursing. Selected candidates shall execute an agreement/Bond to serve in the Military Nursing Service (MNS) for 5 years. On successful completion of Nursing Training (4/3years), the candidates will be granted permanent/short service commission in the Military Nursing Service.
Name of the Course Available:
1. General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM)
2. B.Sc. (Nursing)
Total Number of Sheets: 210
1. CON, AFMC Pune: 40 Sheets
2. CON, CH(EC) Kolkata: 30 Sheets
3. CON, INHS Asvini: 40 Sheets
4. CON, AH (R&R) New Delhi: 30 Sheets
5. CON, CH (CC), Lucknow: 40 Sheets
6. SON, CH (AF) Bangalore: 20 Sheets
7. SON, CH(WC), Chandimandir: 10 Sheets
CON: College of Nursing, SON: School of Nursing
- (a) Female candidates who are unmarried/divorcee/legally separated or widow without encumbrances.
- (b) Nationality - Indian
- (c) Date of Birth - Between 01 Aug 91 to 31 Jul 99 (both days inclusive).
- Should have passed the XII standard / equivalent examination, as a regular student in all the subjects ie PCB as elective subjects and not optional and vocational (in both theory and practical) and English, in FIRST ATTEMPT from a recognized Board/University, with minimum of 50% aggregate marks (PCBE). Those who have passed such examinations as private students or with compartment in any subject or candidates from open schools are NOT ELIGIBLE.
- Candidates who will be appearing for final year of qualifying examination during the current academic session may also apply provisionally. The candidates finally selected for the course will have to submit proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite subjects and marks before joining the course.
Fees: Candidates have to pay a application fee of Rs.150/- in the mode of Bank Challan to be submitted in State Bank of India.
Physical Standards: Medical fitness will be determined as per standards applicable for commission in the Armed Forces. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen & pelvis) will be done. Minimum height should not be less than 148 cm (relaxed by 5cm in case of north East candidates).
Selection Process: Eligible applicants will be called for an objective type written test of 90 minutes duration, covering General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence, likely to be held in Feb 2016. Candidates as per merit on the basis of written test will be called for interview during Apr 2016. Final selection will be based on combined merit of written test & interview, subject to medical fitness. Admissions to Colleges of Nursing/Schools of Nursing will be offered in accordance with the merit cum choice subject to vacancy in each College/School of Nursing.
Written Exam Centres: Bangalore, Chandimandir, Chennai, Danapur, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Secunderabad, Thiruvananthapuram , Ezhimala (Cannanore) and Wellington.
Date for Online Application: 01.12.2015 to 30.12.2015.
Date for Downloading Admit Card: 02.02.2016